Tuesday 10 July 2012

Well what an eventful weekend I had!!  Started off great with my good friend Karen arriving from Wales with Claude and Freya on Saturday.  The torrential rain didn't stop the dogs from having a good play around even though they were up to their knees in water.  We were all up bright and early on Sunday to go off to a water tuition day that had been organised by the Bracco Italiano Society. I did my usual routine when going off for the day, of loading the car first with all the parafinalia you have to take and then I come back for the dogs.   Everything was packed into the car, sandwiches, towels, dummies, food and water for the dogs, handbag, phone and car keys - I shut the door and went round to open the back ready for the dogs and DISASTER the damn car had locked itself (remember the keys were in there) I couldn't believe it!!  What to do? No spare key :o(  Well to cut a very long story short there was no way I could get in so Karen went on in her vehicle (she was going straight back to Wales when training was finished) and I would hopefully come along a bit later.  Sadly it didn't work out like that and ended up having to get a locksmith out and by the time he turned up it was too late to go - I was gutted :o(   It could have been worse - thankfully no dogs had been locked in the car so at least I didn't have to smash a window to get in - I've now ordered a new spare key so it won't happen again.  An expensive lesson learned:  £45 for locksmith, £50 for new key, £25 for lost tuition - oh well as it was pointed out to me, at least I saved on the fuel lol :o)

On a brighter note, Karen had a really good day with Claude who was swimming and retrieving like a veteran, the sun was actually shining and she met up with Sue and Ooli as planned.  Karen sent me some lovely pictures of the day too.

Hopefully today will go according to plan as I'm having my new granite worktops fitted - hope it stops raining.


 Claude (Netis Hazzah) doing his first water retrieve with feather

 Claude and Karen (love the waders)

Proud Dad Ooli (Novaforesta Dudley)

No comments:

Post a Comment